Friday, April 13, 2012

Vegan Banana Pancakes

I have a blendtec blender and get weekly emails from them with new recipes.  I generally just skip over them but since I have been loving pancakes and the word "vegan" was in the title it caught my attention and I thought I would give this recipe a try.  We loved them and I was surprised at how good this vegan pancake tasted.  Enjoy!


Vegan Banana Pancakes

1 ½ C water
⅓ C raw almonds
2 Tbsp agave or honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp kosher or sea salt
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
2 ripe bananas
2 C whole wheat flour
2 ½ tsp baking powder

Directions

Add first 6 ingredients to WildSide Jar and secure lid.  Select “Whole Juice”.  Add remaining ingredients in order listed and secure lid.  Select “Batters”.  Allow batter to rest 5 minutes.  Heat griddle or other pan over medium heat and grease.  Pour approximately ⅓ cup batter onto heated pan and cook until bubbles break the surface of the pancake and the underside is golden brown.  Flip and cook until done.  Repeat with remaining batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment