Monday, June 10, 2013

Natural Cough Remedy

Poor little Boo boo's (aka Carson) woke up this morning with a very mild cough, but none the less a cough so I wanted to try to nip this right in the bud before it turns into a full blown cough and respiratory infection or virus.  I remember my sister showing me a recipe for a cough remedy a couple of weeks ago on a blog so I looked up a few different recipes that I pulled up on google and this is what I came up with.  I didn't have all of the ingredients on hand that a lot of the other recipes called for.  Most of them, if not all of them called for beeswax, which I don't have.  But I do have unrefined shea butter at our house that I discovered can be used as a substitute for beeswax AND if you are a strict vegan you likely don't use beeswax anyways so this is a great alternative :)  I have been applying this to Carson's feet and chest religiously since compiling this concoction this morning.  Hopefully he wakes from his nap cough free :)




Natural Cough Remedy

5 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons unrefined shea butter (I buy mine from mountainroseherbs.com)
10 drops rosemary essential oil
10 drops melaleuca/tea tree essential oil (melaleuca & tea tree are the same thing)
8 drops eucalyptus

Directions

Place coconut oil, olive oil, and shea butter in small sauce pan and melt on the stove over low heat.  Once the oils have melted add the essential oils and stir.  Place in a small jar and allow to come to room temperature so it will harden.  Apply liberally to bottoms of feet and chest.


No comments:

Post a Comment