Friday, September 28, 2012

Annie's Pizza Sauce

I've searched high and low for a really good pizza sauce recipe that I can truly say I love...I've never found one until a couple of weeks ago- ah thank heavens!  I found this recipe here, wonderful!  This is the best homemade pizza sauce I've ever tried.  I was buying Muir Glen Organics brand and I thought that was unbeatable, which is funny because I don't typically like store bought sauces.  However, if you are set on buying your pizza sauce instead of making it I would definitely recommend Muir Glen Organics. Here is the recipe, enjoy!

Annie's Pizza Sauce

1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
6 fluid ounces warm water
3 Tablespoons nutritonal yeast (can omit)
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons honey or agave
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon marjoram
1/4 teaspoon basil (can use dried, but fresh is so amazing)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
juice of 1/2 lemon

Directions 

Put all ingredients in a blender of food processor and blend until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment